Silvo Obrul S50X suggested getting involved in EME activities. So we began with activities on 23cm [1296MHz], and later also on 13cm [2304MHz], where were first to succeed QSO in Slovenia. At first we were using older and smaller parabolic dish antenna with diameter of 3m. Our biggest constructing achievement for now is completely “home made” parabolic dish antenna with diameter of 6,2m. Project was lasting for almost one year. With this antenna we made hundreds QSO´son 23cm band, which includes 25DXCC, 4WAC, 14WAS and 96#. On 13cm band we count 4 DXCC, 2WAC and 5#.
This Saturday last, 20th of March 2010 at 19:45GMT, members of radio club Slovenj Gradec and our friends, sucessfully established first Slovenian EME QSOon 3,4GHz (9cm)
Dish 6.10 m f/d 0.55
Preamp 17 dB Gain , NF 0,4
QSO was RANDOM, NOT scheduled
20. 03. 2010 OK1CA 19:45 3.4 GHz CW 569 / 559
23. 03. 2010 DL4MEA 17:50 3400.100 mHz CW O / O
23. 03. 2010 OZ6 OL 19:30 3400.100 mHz CW O / O
25. 03. 2010 G3LTF 19:05 3400.100 mHz CW 559 / 559
25. 03. 2010 G3LQR 19:18 3400.100 mHz CW 559 / 559
Also we heard our own ECHO about 12dB over noise level.